Shoebox Investor

What is a shoebox investor? An investor who generally pays himself first. The idea is that any money you can store in a shoebox or piggy bank, should be invested in the market. It is not how much you invest, it is the time value of money you should focus on. The earlier you put the money in the market, the longer you keep it in, the higher the chances of reaping the benefits of accumulating dividends. The reinvested dividends will buy you more shares.

Pay yourself first

Friday, February 15, 2008

Ask the Readers: What’s the Best Way to Compare Credit Cards?

Ask the Readers: What's the Best Way to Compare Credit Cards?

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 07:00 AM CST on Get Rich Slowly

In October, Michael wrote with a question about credit cards. Because I try to discourage credit card use, I haven't posted it. But my attitude is beginning to soften. Michael's question now seems perfectly reasonable, and I suspect other readers have similar concerns. He writes:

I have a credit card account which I got with Wells Fargo when I started college. I'd like to switch over to a card with some sort of bonus (miles, or cash back or something), which means I'm now credit card shopping. As I've tried to look for the best credit card for my needs, I've run into some difficulties:

  1. There are TONS of junk pages out there making it hard to find good objective comparison sites.
  2. Info pages on the cards only list the initial APR (which is usually super low, like 0% for 12 months.)

I may actually keep the current credit card open since I've had it for almost six years and have been very responsible with it. I've paid it off completely every month, except for maybe two or three times, but always paid it off completely the following month.

I can't recall having seen an article like this on your site. How can I choose a credit card?

No comments: