Shoebox Investor

What is a shoebox investor? An investor who generally pays himself first. The idea is that any money you can store in a shoebox or piggy bank, should be invested in the market. It is not how much you invest, it is the time value of money you should focus on. The earlier you put the money in the market, the longer you keep it in, the higher the chances of reaping the benefits of accumulating dividends. The reinvested dividends will buy you more shares.

Pay yourself first

Monday, March 10, 2008

"Life is Good" for these guys..


I was traveling to Orange County, California this past weekend. While waiting for my flight, I noticed a "fun" store inside the gates. Several folks from all ages were eager to set foot at this place as if it were a coffee shop and/or bookstore. Naturally, I followed since I had some extra time. There were no books or coffee but lots of t-shirts, stress balls and an emotional sense of "happiness". I took a picture of the store to remind me to search the web on what "life is good" products are and who is behind all this. Well, it seems that the entire story can be read on lifeisgood.com website. And this is not just a t-shirt company. This is an $80M corporation. These guys have been featured on the cover of Inc. magazine.

No comments: